Image of the Day

Image of the Day

Monday, December 18, 2006

CardCaptor Sakura Remastered Episode 1-10 (10)

Tuesday December 19th
CardCaptor Sakura Remastered Episode 1-10 (10)
Battling runaway Clow cards that merged to form more complex threats was hard enough. Battling runaway Clow cards that merged with Darklings (nightmares) is worst! And that problem is only cranked up several notches when the Darkling in question is an Assassin Guilder Nightmare. But that was the problem facing Sakura when she went looking for Thunder but met the Assassin Guilder Shockwave.

When she first ran into him, in her neko outfit, she thought for certain he’d blast her. But while Thunder had no qualms over blasting Sakura, Shockwave did (as he, though a Nightmare, still followed the Guild’s list of rules called “The Code”, and one code, Code 8, forbade attacks against innocents and non-targets which Sakura clearly was) so Thunder simply convinced Shockwave to chase her away without hurting her, which seemed to work until

* * * * * *

Confronting the Card/Assassin mix in the park, filled with wide open spaces and no innocent bystanders was one thing, catching the card while splitting it from the Darkling was another. For five whole minutes Sakura leads Shockwave through the park dodging it’s Thunder generated electrical attacks, slowly trying to wear it out. Nina (using her gauntlets to trade firepower with Shockwave shot for shot) tried to pin it down for easier capture, but to no avail. “Nice synchronized jumping by the way---” she calls out as Sakura/Kero land near her, “---but you’d have an easier time running the charge out of the Energizer Bunny than a Darkling Assassin Droid.”

Nina looks about for Shockwave as Sakura draws close, “Those things run on necromancy and that doesn’t run out no matter how much he draws on it.”
Shockwave lands behind them, powering up. “Get ready to seal it, I’ll give you an opening.” Nina calls out as she spins on her heels towards Shockwave, lashing an arm out towards a nearby water tap (for fire trucks/water dragons) near Shockwave. “Heads up!“
The attack blasts the tap open and smothers Shockwave in water. Stunned and overwhelmed, the electrical attack Assassin begins to shut down. “NOW SAKURA! TAP THE WATER FLOW AND SEAL THE CARD!”

“Right! Clow card return to your power confined, THUNDER!”
As she runs forward and slams her staff down near the flow of water nothing happens, then energy surges out of the stream, collects about the staff head, and turns into a card. Thunder. Sealed and captured. “WOW!” Sakura stammers, catching the card with her free hand, “B-but--??”

Nina smiled at her own ingenuity, “When I hit Shockwave with the water from the tap it shut down, but it also gave Thunder an illusion of escape. Water is a great conductor for electricity, and Thunder figured to use the water as a sort of water cable to “link” itself into the water system and escape out of your reach. Problem is it trapped itself by condensing itself tight for the trip back along the water, so all you had to do was stand at the tap and let Thunder come to you. Simple as that. You got it, right?”

“I don’t get it.” Sakura laments. Nina frowned, “You’re the ill-will of the Japanese Public School system, aren’t you.“ (sighs) “Well, did you get it? Please tell me you got it.”

* * * * * *

Tomoyo - “Let’s watch it again! You‘re so beautiful when your in action!!”

Kero - “I think I’m a stud in this video, don’t you think? I love it! It‘s my best work yet!”
Back at the Daidouji Estate, Tomoyo rewinds the capture again as Nina continues to stock her new shelves. She arranged a “sleepover” of sorts to get Sakura/Tomoyo to help her and Eliza with what she’s been dreading all this time. Moving in. She finally relented, realizing this was no longer just an “extended” sleepover until the cards were caught, but a full on mission she had to stick through. So she called for her own and Eliza’s stuff to be brought from Citadel City to Tokyo so she could move in with Eliza into the mansion.
“Is it almost done?” Eliza asked.

“The books and stuff is done, but we’ll have to unpack the clothes and boring stuff ourselves tomorrow ‘liza. Still, I got the important stuff put away so that’s good.”

“Right…” (Eliza looks at vid playing on huge screen as she finishes her work) “…she is cute in that cat outfit. Not my type though but she’s cute.”

“Glad you approve.” Nina smirks, finishing her own tasks and closing the custom storage cabinet doors (with a huge display set up for her comic collection (newest issues) on the front of the cabinet). “Nice to see that we got the fun stuff done tonight. That leaves the bags of clothes and I don’t want strangers prodding my unmentionables, or my toys.”

“---” Sakura frowns at the thought of Nina’s “toys”, but suddenly cheers up again. “I have to go to town tomorrow, want to come along Tomoyo?”

“I can’t. I’m just finishing the first new DVD (held it back to put a few more captures on it) and I want to get it done for Mirra-chan tomorrow. She’s going to LOVE these new adventures!” (blushes just thinking about it) “They’re your greatest yet!”

Sakura - “Aw come on! Your embarrassing me!”

“Come on then, bedtime kids so let‘s call it a night.” Nina announces, “See you tomorrow, Kero.” (Kero says his goodnights and leaves as Nina motions towards the large bed) “Ok, you know you want to so everyone in and we’ll call it a day.” (Sakura/Tomoyo take a futon on the floor as Nina rolls into bed) “There’s plenty of room up here! Don’t be all shy and stuff! I promise I don’t grope while I’m sleeping… maybe while YOU are sleeping but never while I‘m sleeping!”

Eliza - “She’s right. She does all her groping while pretending to be asleep.”
Neither Sakura nor Tomoyo budge from their floor space. “Fine. Computer, lights.” (lights dim) “How’d you do that?” Tomoyo asks. “I replaced the light switch with a switch/computer link switch. I can either do it manually or vocally now. Try it.”

“Computer--- lights?” (lights come on) “Cool! Computer, lights!” (lights turn off)
“Let’s go to sleep.” Nina sighs, rolling to her side to get comfortable, “This is why I didn’t let Kero stay, by the way, he’d be playing with the vocal commands of the lights all night.” Sakura shudders at the thought of Kero sitting up all night ordering the lights on and off and bothering everyone to the point of insanity. But tomorrow she had a surprise for Tomoyo. All she had to do was pick it up. For days she’s been planning it. Designing it on paper, drawing it (but never liking the outcome) until she finally picked on using a design Tomoyo used for one of her first costumes (which was also the costume she dressed the doll she gave Sakura when she was 11) and change it’s color scheme to a sensual blue color.
She then went to a tailor in town and commissioned him to make a costume, her first costume to give to Tomoyo to wear in Card Captoring.

After all the costumes Tomoyo made for her, she wanted to make a costume in return. The night she gives the costume she planned on wearing the costume Tomoyo made for her those years ago (redesigned and made for her more mature body) as a sign of her love. As she opened her eyes briefly to watch Tomoyo slumbering quietly next to her, she could hardly contain her excitement.
Tomorrow she’d get the costume, and present it to Tomoyo. She only hoped Tomoyo would like her gift. That worried Sakura. But she was excited anyway because it’d be the first time she could present Tomoyo with a costume to wear.

She woke up bright and early (even for her) and was on her way to town right after breakfast. But NOT before Nina showed off the new holochamber built overnight by “little people”. She didn’t go into details, part of the labor contract, but she said it’s quality work in a very short space of time. And how was it done, Sakura asked? Magic. Sakura didn’t ask again after awhile since Nina would just repeat the word “Magic” every time she asked, and Sakura eventually gave up trying to find out.

* * * * * *

“It’s ready, here--- take a look.” as he takes the costume out to show Sakura she takes a deep breath and holds it for a second. It was everything she hoped it would be, and more, made out to Tomoyo’s specifications and an alternating shade of deep royal blue to compliment the original costume Tomoyo made for Sakura. “I’ll take it. How much---”

“A woman named Kotobuki paid for it with her credit chip. She said she’d charge it on her expense account as ‘work related expenses’.”
Nina? She paid for it? “Guess I owe her an apology.” Sakura lamented as she waited for the costume to be wrapped and boxed. “Probably have to be called Snoozer forever after this--- sigh.”

“You don’t look like a Ham-ham to me---” (stops) “---and I should stop talking and keep wrapping. Right. Sorry.”

“Hey Sakura.”
“?” (turns around) “Oh, Keiko isn’t it? Hi. And you are Kei--“ (nods) “What are---”

“Need some new gloves---” (holds up hands) “---these are worn down, but I like my gloves custom made so I ordered some through here. Are they ready yet?”

“Just about. Let me finish this young lady’s order and I’ll be right with you.”
Keiko takes a seat near a large display case of glasses. “I didn’t know you did eyeglasses.”

“Some clients prefer custom sunglasses or reading glasses to go with their new clothes.”

* * * * * *

I wonder what Keiko would say if I told her Nina paid for Tomoyo’s costume?
She’d probably laugh it off. She and Nina don’t seem to get along very well. Then again with Nina’s attitude I can see why it’s easy to dislike her. Still, sometimes she can act so callous and then do something completely unexpected and nice five seconds later. She’s a mystery to me. I just wish she’d stop calling me Snoozer already.

“Deep thoughts?” Keiko asks as she leans back in her chair, staring listlessly at the ceiling, “Something naughty for your love and joy?”

“Uh? No, it’s a costume. She made so many for me I…” (blinks) “Well I thought…” (stops) “?”

“Thought what?” Keiko pried.

“I thought I’d return the favor.” Sakura admitted, staring at the wall. “Do you feel something?”

“I feel bored, is that a something?”

“I mean---” (looks at wall intently) “---I thought I saw something moving.”

“Oh. The light plays tricks on the eyes. But if you doubt me unseal your staff and come here because---” (stomps foot down) “---something’s been clinging to my shadow and I think it’s a card!” (Keiko quickly jumps back, unsheathing her sword from her back as she does, taking a jumping leap and slashing darkness as it moves out of her way). “Damn!” Shadow slips back, then lunges forward knocking Keiko onto her back, noticing Sakura as it does. As Sakura stares right at Shadow she feels a chill across her body, and a tinge of something inside of her--- with a slight hiss it backs away from her as she struggles to wrest her key free from beneath her clothes, slipping beneath the display case. Seconds later the case tips over towards Keiko. “Keiko! Watch it!”

The case falls towards her but she didn’t want to move, her eyes slightly wider than normal. Quickly as it started falling though the case is quickly stopped as a creature bounds into it and catches it mid fall. The creature, a huge lizard thing like a velociraptor with cybernetic things on it’s head and shoulders, gingerly lifts the case back into place as Sakura rushes it. “CLOW CARD RETURN TO YOUR POWER CONFINED, CLOW CARD!!” (she slams the staff down near it--- and nothing happens.)
“?” (The huge creature looks at Sakura oddly, then it merely lumbers back behind the counter) “Keiko run! I can’t seal it! Keiko I---” (it comes back out with her box and hands it to her) “Have a nice day, do come by my shop again.”

Keiko - “Sakura, that’s the tailor--- he’s a Galerian.”

“Oh---” (Sakura blushes a deep shade of red) “---I didn’t know that.”

* * * * * *

I’M SO EMBARRASSED!!!
Last time this happened I tried to seal a Palominian (a horse/human hybrid) at the mall! It was so terrible! I rushed at the poor girl screaming “CLOW CARD RETURN TO YOUR POWRS CONFINED! HORSE CARD!” (and I looked like such a doofus in front of everyone!!) She took it in stride though and wasn’t offended, but still SO EMBARRASSING!! Days like this I feel like crawling into bed and not coming out for a year (at least).

* * * * * *

“Shadow?”
The gang was in Sakura’s kitchen waiting for her to make dinner, Tomoyo being the one speaking at this moment as Sakura cooked the last of the meal before serving the plates to everyone. “And something else. I felt--- cold near it. Not like Shadow before but something else merged with Shadow--- gave me the shakes being near it. It made me feel---”

“Fear?” Kero asked, filling in the blank as Sakura said “Yeah. I guess.”

“Figures.” Kero remarked as he picked up where Sakura opened, “Shadow & Fear. Fear is a failed card Clow Reed made that he had to get rid of. He wanted to use it for--- well, less than ideal uses, but it got out of hand once and he didn’t want to use it anymore. Alone, Fear is a weak card since it’s a generalized effect with no form. But with Shadow it’s powerful because Shadow acts like it’s body, and gives Fear a wider range of movement and the ability to strike down anyone with it‘s power. The only reason Keiko could probably be in it’s vicinity for so long was her stronger resistance to it’s effects (being one of those nifty Judgment people and all).”

Sakura - “She did seem paralyzed by the falling case.”

“Keiko has a fear of mutilation.” Nina remarks as she takes her plate, “Comes from all the mutilations she’s seen done on innocent people. So the card lucked out tossing that glass case into her because she panicked.”

“How do you know that?”

“I read her file, Tomoyo. She no doubt read my file when I took this assignment, so I read her file in turn and there’s some mention of it on her psych records.”

Tomoyo - “Oh. Aren’t psych records supposed to be---”

“Like I said, she read my files so I read her’s.” Nina admitted.

“Oh.” Eliza picks up the pace, “Regardless of that, we have to figure out where Shadow/Fear will strike next. Maybe they’ll camp out and wait for something to happen?”

Nina picks it up and runs with it. “Then they’ll camp out at that theatre since there’s a big event there tomorrow night and lines for opening day tickets were murder (good thing I got there when I did or I never have gotten tickets!) It’s a cute musical and I’m taking Mirra-chan & Hikaru along with Eliza and myself tomorrow. Speaking of which why aren’t you two going? Everyone is going to be there it seems---” (looks at Sakura/Tomoyo) “We’ll catch the card tonight.” Tomoyo responds, “Tomorrow we’re spending out day alone and don’t want to be disturbed.”

“Oh, right.” Nina smirks as she whacks her head, “Silly me. Your private time. That’s right. Not even a must see social event can drag you two away from the loud bed shaking violently during sexual inter--” (Sakura swings and misses Nina’s head) “---whatever---”

* * * * * *

“What is this?” Tomoyo asks as Sakura hands her the box inside their room. “I’d like you to wear this tonight, and let me pick an old costume to wear with it--- that is, if you don’t mind---- I mean, don’t open it yet! I---” (blushes) “---I’m embarrassed but I wanted to give you a special costume to wear, and I didn’t know what to do so I--- well I was inspired by that special costume you made me when--- and I just thought--- well---”

“It’s beautiful.” Tomoyo sighs as she admires it, leaning over and kissing Sakura’s cheek while walking on could nine (emotions wise). “I’m going to treasure wearing the special costume you gave me.”

“Tomo-chan.”

“I’m going to treasure even more taking it off for you tomorrow, slowly, with musical complimenting each move as I perform for you---”

“---” (blushes) “---can we talk about that tomorrow? I don’t want to get excited just yet---”

“Sure.” (Tomoyo kisses Sakura again) “I’ll put this and your costume in the van, and we’ll change outside the theatre. Maybe with the doors cracked abit for the brave to come and see us in our splendor.”

“Tomoyo!”

“Just kidding, Sakura-chan, just kidding. I’ll go get ready.” Tomoyo grabs her camera on the way out, giggling as she does, leaving Sakura alone in the room. “Maybe I should wear something other than my teddy-bear panties tonight.”

* * * * * *

Getting into the theatre (using fake ids) wasn’t the hard part. Finding a place to make a stand that wasn’t closed in on all sides by seats was a problem. As the lights come on in the theatre, Nina takes stock of the situation as she surveys the surroundings. “We’ll take the stage, it’s roomy and open for easy combat and the entire room is set to give Shadow a surprise. Here---” Nina hands out goggles to everyone, “They’ll block out the surprise when it hits so keep them on.” (puts on her visor) “Now let’s get on stage.”
As the curtain rises Sakura steps on it looking abit confused. “What is this?”

Nina - “Oh, right, welcome to the Ham-ham Clubhouse! They’re doing Hamtaro the Musical tomorrow and I got tickets for it.”

Sakura - “Hamtaro?! Not again with the Hamster reference.” Sakura laments, to which Nina remarks. “Look on the bright side…” (pointing up to the top of a staircase/slide setup above them) “…they saved a place of honor for you up there.”

Tomoyo, catching Sakura‘s expression, quickly said “Sakura, that’s where Snoozer sleeps.”

“----” Sakura’s face squinches up as Tomoyo takes her to one side to calm her down.
Kero - “Your never going to ease up on that Snoozer thing, aintcha’.”

Nina - “Your never going to ease up on the hentai Sakura thing, aintcha’.”
Before another word can be spoken a strange hush comes over the theatre. “It’s Shadow.” Kero whispers agitated, looking about for some sign of movement. “Now?”

“Not yet.” (Nina draws a scanner from her pouch as she looks about) “It’s not completely in yet. I want the rat in the trap before I spring it.” As the silence grows as the shadows about the theatre seemingly begin to move about, riling Kero’s already frayed nerves. “No to be a pest about this but I think Shadow is on the move regardless of whether it’s entirely in or not. Nina we have to…”

“Hold it, hold it.” Nina whispers, “Sakura? Up front because it’s showtime.”

“Right.” (holds key out) “Key of the star, with powers burning bright, reveal the staff and shine your light--- release.” As the staff grows in Sakura’s hand the shadows move closer towards the stage. “Remember, Sakura, you have to reveal Shadow’s physical form before you can catch it.”

“I remember, Kero, I remember.” (looks about at the approaching shadows) “That’s easier said than done though, can we do it yet?”

Nina - “Not yet, just a little more.”

Sakura reaches backwards towards Tomoyo, motioning for her. “Tomoyo? Stay close and…” Before Sakura can utter another word a flash of dark catches her eye and her vision goes dark as she’s knocked backwards into the floor. “SAKURA-CHAN!!”

* * * * * *

For a minute she can’t feel anything, but slowly the world begins to brighten as her senses return. “Get her up! Come on! We need her to seal the card! Sakura!!”
As her senses return she looks up into the rafters above, head spinning, “I… I’m OK, I…”

“Sakura! You had us worried! Come on, we---” Tomoyo’s face pops into view. Decaying, dying, she was like death hovering over her, her precious Tomoyo, and Sakura couldn’t stop shaking at the sight. Tomoyo reaches to touch her--- and Sakura freaks. “EYYYAAAHHHHHH!!!!!”

* * * * * *

Sakura couldn’t move.
She was petrified to where she laid, shivering like a small kitten.
The Tomoyo thing grabbed her and she screamed again.
“Sakura! What’s wrong?! Sakura??”

“LET ME GO!! I WANT TOMOYO BACK!! GIVE HER BACK!!”
Tomoyo couldn’t see what Sakura was seeing so she was confused, “What are you… Sakura-chan! I’m right here--!”

“TOMOYO!! TOMO-CHAN!! NOO!! TOMO-CHAN!!”
Sakura screamed, frantic, trying to push Tomoyo away, scared at what she was seeing in her mind’s eye. Suddenly inspiration hits Nina.
“Tell her to close her eyes!” Nina screamed. “W-wh---”
“Close Sakura’s eyes!!” Nina yelled, to which Tomoyo quickly covers Sakura’s eyes and holds her tightly to herself, “Don’t open your eyes, don’t open your eyes please.”
After long seconds Sakura calmed, her body still shivering in Tomoyo’s arms, “It’s me, Sakura, don’t look…” (Sakura tries to open her eyes) “PLEASE DON’T! Don’t look… please… keep your eyes closed… listen to my voice…”

“We need her soon!” Nina growled, “I don’t know…” (eyes narrow, one of her hands quickly pulling her mini commlink from her vest) “It’s in. Shield Sakura’s eyes tight!!”
Tomoyo pushes Sakura down and holds her tight as Nina raises one hand into the air, and points her commlink towards the lights, “Clap off… click on…” quickly she taps her link three times. POOF!! POOF!! POOF!! Powerful lights suddenly come on, filling the room with a blinding light. The light, so strong it kills all dark spaces, reveals Shadow’s presence and traps it in the seating area where it tries to hide beneath the seats.
“Lights too bright for that!!” Nina yells out, “You can’t hide anywhere!! Not even under the seats!” Shadow was trapped.

* * * * * *

“I’m afraid… I’m afraid… Tomo-chan? Please… don’t let go…” Sakura whined, her voice cracking from her fear, “Don’t be dead… don’t be dead…”

“I’m right here, Sakura, I’m right here.” Tomoyo whispered, gingerly pulling her top open to press Sakura against her bare breasts, “Hear that? It’s my heart. Focus on that sound. Just on that sound, and the warmth of my body, nothing else but that OK?”

“Tomo-chan---” Sakura croaked, “…gigh--gahh--- gasp-gasp…” (breath slows) “…so soft… so strong too… each beat.”

“Just letting you know I’m alive, Sakura-chan. Hold onto that thought and don’t let it go.” Tomoyo looks up at Shadow, thankful Sakura’s eyes were closed. Tomoyo’s face darkens, her eyes narrow and her teeth clench, her anger at Shadow burning. In it’s pain Shadow suddenly swings wildly, throwing shards of darkness in random directions, hitting nothing. But one shard hits Tomoyo in the face full on. Before Nina can react however, Tomoyo motions for her to not speak. In her mind’s eye she feels Shadow ripping at her, trying to make her see her fears. But to that Tomoyo opens her mind, and shares her pain.

Every frightening thought, every bad “sleep vision” (since they were already in a place of dreams dreaming is a “waking” thing), everything that scared Tomoyo. And it all focused about her mother, Sakura, and now Mirra-chan. The three most precious people in her life.
Every thought that made her shake, every vision that frightened her, everything she shared with Shadow. And in the back of everyone’s minds they heard something… Shadow screaming in terror. With that Tomoyo holds up Sakura’s hands (staff held tight), “Seal it.”

“Clow card return to your power confined--- SHADOW & FEAR CARDS!!”
As the tendrils reach out, Shadow does something strange-- it jumps towards the tendrils as if wanting capture. Desperately seeking the silence of being sealed and the sanity of being under Sakura’s mastery once again. Fear didn’t want it, but what Fear wanted was as immaterial as it was. It had no choice in the matter, what Shadow wanted is what Shadow got. And what Shadow wanted to do at that moment was flee from Tomoyo’s pain and hide itself so she couldn’t reach it through Fear’s power, and make it feel what Fear has been dishing out for days now. But Fear wanted to be free--- at any cost. Sealed, the card returns to Sakura/Tomoyo’s hand. On it the image of Shadow. “Where’s Fear?” Tomoyo asked. “Gone.” (Everyone turns to Kero) “I felt it as Sakura caught it. It wanted so badly to be free it cast itself into nothingness rather than be sealed again.” (Kero turns and stares into the bright light surrounding them like a passageway to heaven itself) “Guess it “went into the light” so to speak.”

As the lights dim back to normal glow Tomoyo cradles Sakura in her arms and whispers softly to her, keeping Sakura’s head close to her chest as she gently cradles her.
In a few minutes the effect of Fear’s power will be gone and Sakura can open her eyes. But for now, she was content just to remain there--- in the arms of the woman she loved--- and that was good enough for Tomoyo.

* * * * * *

The next evening (at the musical)
“I don’t know.” Nina remarked as she returned to the seats with food for everyone, “We’re just through the first part and already I’m a tad disappointed.”

“Why?” Mirra-chan asked, to which Nina replied indignantly “Well this IS a Realm of Dreams. I figured we’d see real Ham-hams, and not people in ham-ham get-ups. I felt a tad disappointed by that. Where‘s the spectacle, where‘s the grandeur, where‘s the ham-hams I know and love? So disappointing.”

Hikaru - “I like the costumes, and the make-up looks well done.”

Mirra - “I agree with Hikaru, Nina-chan, it’s nice.”

“Nina-chan, eh?” (Nina smiles, ribbing Mirra-chan lightly as she sips from her soda) “Your not getting a crush on me, are you? I‘ll break your heart.”

“No. Your too old for me.”

“----” Nina sips from her own soda, sweat dropping. “I only call a few special people that, including Hikaru because…” (she blushes, only to get a warm hug from Hikaru) “…she knows why.” Nina smirks, leaning over towards Eliza, “Looks like Tomoyo’s dream might come true after all.”

“Your reading too much into this.” Eliza remarks, to which Nina grumbles. “I’m not! They look so cuddly next to each other!” (glances back at the two as they play their PSPs and the promotional Hamtaro game that was given out on opening night.) “At least she doesn’t have a Toya fixation, which is kinda weird because he’s technically her half brother since her mom’s his sister and that makes any boinking between them incest and whatever.” (Eliza shuts Nina’s mouth with her free hand as the lights dim and come up) “And that’s enough out of you, the next act is starting in 2.”

As the girl’s put their games away both share a secret whisper, well--- not so secret because Nina catches a glimpse of it as she turns for her soda (set into the drink holder on the Stadium style theater seats the theater sported) “---say what you want, but this ham-ham knows love when she sees it!”

Eliza - “Your talking Ham-ham now.”

Nina - “It’s appropriate!” (sighs) “Not like we’re in the middle of the mall and I start going on about everything’s tickity-poo or something. I wish we could show Snoozer this when she gets home---” Eliza smiles, points at her wetware band around the back of her head (the red light flashing) and smiles) “Who said we can’t show it to her when we get home?”

“Eliza, you’re a genius!”

* * * * * *

Holochamber 00 (beneath the Daidouji Estates)
Theater mode (the next day)

Tomoyo munches on the popcorn as she watches with Mirra-chan. It was the first intermission. “It’s a nice show. I like the costumes, it’s very inventive. And the acting is pretty good too.”

Mirra - “Yeah. I like them too. Where’s Sakura-papa though?” Tomoyo looks around, “Nina said she had a surprise and wanted Sakura’s help--- oh, the second act is starting, hope she returns soon.” As the curtains rise the second act begins. The ham-ham’s voices can be heard (scene from Episode 2).

Boss (outside) - “Everyone inside! My place is your place-- come on in.” (as Boss steps in he face faults in shock) “What the---?!?” (the other six ham hams look inside)
Tomoyo - “----” (sweat drops)
There, on the table, tucked into a giant sock, was Sakura & Snoozer (prop) both fast asleep. Though in Sakura’s case a small amount of sedative might have been involved in making her nap believable. Nina sits back down in her chair smiling “And next time she’ll be programmed in and we’ll use the holo-generator to create REAL Ham-hams for the musical! That’s going to look so cool!!” Tomoyo leans back in her chair, and takes a long drink from her soda, “She’s going to be so angry when she wakes up---” (sighs) “---she does look sorta like Snoozer though--- must be her cuteness in sleep.”

Nina sighs, “She‘ll be up in a minute. It was a light sedative and boss is--- oh, he‘s picking her up and it‘s about to wear off---”

Tomoyo - “Somebody fade us out please--- before she wakes up.” Fade to black. “Thank you.”

“The Shadows, the Cardcaptors and… the Snoozers? (Oh my!)”

End of Remastered the First

No comments: