Image of the Day

Image of the Day

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mirra's Trilogy 2

Mirra’s Trilogy 2
The snow crunched underfoot as the two climbed up into the woods behind the house. The light of the Central Hub overhead (it’s huge landscape reflecting the “light” of Elsespace which lit the night like a strong full moon that encompassed the night sky for a few hours each night) was strong so the two could see where they were going without the need for a light to show the way.

The wind was still, so all they could hear was the soft crunch of the snow beneath their boots. But Mirra was still a little nervous and shaky nevertheless.
‘Tell her before she makes her wish!’ Mirra thinks to herself, scolding herself as she walked. She felt rather awkward and uncertain about what the other girl wanted to wish for, but it must be something important to bring Mirra with her. But she wished she was back in bed now, with Hikaru cuddled close, rather than walking out in the snow.

It might not have been windy, and it might have been well lit, but she didn’t like the idea of traipsing through the forest of hibernating trees which looked rather scary. And she was feeling a bit chilly. Nighttime in the city would reach a rather cool temperature in winter, but not this cold. She could almost swear that her face was going numb. She just wanted to get into the warmth of the house and back into bed--- that’s when she felt the warming glow ahead from the “shrine”, and her body began to loosen up again. Either from the warmth, or the knowledge that her questions were going to be answered shortly, she didn’t know--- she just knew she liked being warm again despite wearing her best winter clothes out which didn‘t seem to warm her until the moment they drew close to the shrine.

As they entered the spring like environment of the shrine’s area, they saw the woman from earlier decked out beneath a tree. She was sleeping rather peacefully, with her board leaning against the tree, using a blanket and pillow she had tucked into her “tesseract” backpack to sleep. Hikaru motioned for Mirra to follow her quietly to the pond, but the later’s first step unfortunately was on a tree branch which snapped. “WH-?!?” the woman suddenly woke, her arms flaying as she knocked her own board over into her head, knocking her back onto the ground with a soft thud. “Ow.”

The two quickly rush to her side, pulling the board aside. As she looks up, abit pained, she sighs at the sight of them. “Oh. It’s you two. Hi---” (winces abit) “---ouch--- what’s up?” (with a bit of a sigh she grabs her backpack and tries to stick her head into it, failing. With a slight sigh she passes it to Mirra, pointing at it with one hand while holding her head with the other) “Be a doll and get me my medical kit? It’s in there somewhere.” With a nod, Mirra reaches to pull the bag open, looking into it--- and what she saw made her gasp. The inside of the “pack” was a large white “space”, inside of which a great many things floated in the “air”. While there seemed to be a “border” to this space, it was a large space and quite a few things could be “held” within it at any given time.

There was a giant refrigerator marked “My Food! Don’t Touch!”, along with a device that (no doubt) was used to remove or replace items from said fridge. There was an area for cooking materials like pots, pans, a small micro heater Mirra seen Nina use from time to time in her room to cook things, and silverware. There was also several boxes of stuff ranging from books, clothes, and a box marked “Private”, and even a box marked “snacks“. There was an entertainment system (portable), a surfboard, a small safe (no doubt for valuables), and more things than Mirra could count, but the medical kit (floating past her face) was what she wanted, and quickly grabbed.
As she tended to the woman, she smiled at Mirra’s gentle ministrations of her. “I didn’t know they thought medico kit first aid to young girls in school.”

“A friend taught it to me.” she remarked, remembering back…

Flashback (Daidouji Estates)
Hikaru laid back in the bed they shared, smling abit as Mirra fumbled with the medical kit, opening it up and quickly becoming confused by the devices within. Hikaru had fallen on the way home and injured her knee, cutting it open abit, and Mirra insisted on taking care of it right away. She pulled out long metal tubes, metal devices and other things not knowing what to do. She shook devices, prodded them, waved them around like magic wands hoping something exciting would happen, yet nothing. She was about to give up on the whole thing when she heard a knock on the door, and Nina entered the room. “I brought you two up some snacks while you two…” (stopped, looked at Mirra, then the most indescribably wicked smile came across her face) “Oops! I see you’re going to “probe” Hikaru in a naughty way so I’ll just leave this here and…”

“NO!” Mirra nearly yelled, jumping up to her feet. “It’s not that! I mean! It’s not…”

“I cut my leg when I fell down on the way home.”

“Uh-huh, and what’s all… oh, wait…” (Nina walks up, picking up one device which was a long metal tube with a red rounded crystal point at the end) “It’s the Medico kit from the shuttle. Damn.” (tosses device back to Mirra) “Have fun.” “But I don’t… I mean…” (pushes device back into Nina’s hand) “Help me?”

“Sigh. Alright. Kneel down.” (Mirra kneels down, followed by Nina kneeling behind her, placing the device firmly into her hand with the long end pointing down). “Now get a firm grip, there, you want to be able to hold it tight and strong in that hand. Ok? Now I want you to flex your arm up and down so it doesn’t slip, make sure it’s a tight solid grip. It is? Good.”

“Now what?” Mirra asks, sweating abit with the strange device in her hand. “Easy. You’re going to fix her up, right?”

“Right.” she nodded, sweating a little. “Alright then. No problem. You got a tight grip on that so you’re all set. Here, I’ll prep her. And once her panties are off you go and…”

“Nina!”

“Oh.” (turns around) “When did you sneak in?”

“Followed you upstairs. Here---” Eliza sighs, motioning for Mirra to hand her the device. “This is a hypo spray, and her injury doesn’t need a pain killer. Just a general cleaning and repair, the mender can do that just fine on it‘s own.”

“But it’s nice and rounded and just like a---” (Nina catches Eliza’s disapproving look) “---and I’ll stand in the corner and behave.” (walks off, allowing Eliza to take her place next to Mirra as she rummages through the tools, picking out another tool similar to the first but with a different head) “Gently grip it between your fingers and touch the pointy end to her wound, press the button and move it back and forth watching where the light falls as the wound is cleaned and mended.”

“Will the light---?”

“It won’t damage healthy cell, just clean and mend the wound.” Eliza notes, “Now then gently start off and… there you go…” The young woman takes the device, and a deep breath, as she holds it out. She feels Hikaru’s hand touch her shoulder, comforting her, as she turns the device on and begins to work. With a few runs of the device, the wound seals itself shut and Mirra lets go of her held breath. “I did it.”

“That wasn’t so hard, now was it?” Eliza notes, patting her on the back as she retrieves the kit. With that she walks out, with Nina in tow. “Come on.”

“You know we’re well on our way to creating monsters, don’t you. First it’s cuts, then it’s bruises, then it’s probing and then she‘s on all fours while---”

“Not now, Nina.”

Hikaru motions for Mirra to come closer, pulling her into her arms and hugging her, “I think my cute little nurse’s aide needs a reward.”

“----” Mirra blushes as she closes her eyes, feeling the soft touch of lips touching lips, her mind just floating away under the warming glow of the kiss.

* * * * * *

“You OK?” Mirra stops, her blush deepening in red for a different reason now. “You’re turning all red and stuff, is that normal?”

“Uh, I…”

“That’s alright.” she answers, leaning back against the tree as she looks up into the sky through the tree canopy above. “Being here on a night like this, well it just makes me remember…”

“Remember?” Mirra asks.

The woman suddenly stops, and realizes her place, waving Mirra off as she does, “Nothing. I’m just remembering the last time I spent time camped out beneath the sky like this. Most of the time I stay at the resorts but I can’t stand being there this time.”

“Why? Sad memories?”

“Nah.” (reaches out to wipe a stray tear from Mirra’s eyes) “Some loud mouthed green haired girl is in the next room and she’s a pain up the butt.”

“---loud mouthed---” Mirra sighs, blushing again. “There you go again, turning all red. Are you sure it’s not a skin ailment?”

“-----” Mirra sighs as she tries to cover her embarrassment, but it only made the woman happier watching her so embarrassed. “I love that awkward smile! It’s kinda cute and all but you’re really this bright red and I’ve seen paint that looked paler and--- want to share a meal with me? I usually like a late snack.”

“We’d love that.” Hikaru responded, sitting down next to Mirra. “But you’re wish---?”

“Made it already. Let’s eat.”

“----phwee?” Mirra face faulted, feeling the ground fall out from beneath her. ‘She made her wish already?!? Without me??’

* * * * * *

The meal was nice, crackers and cheese, but abit awkward because Mirra sat silently eating her food and looking rather depressed. Hikaru tried to explain, but Mirra seemed eager to watch her make the wish and was disappointed that she wasn’t allowed to see it. A few minutes after they started, the woman suddenly felt the urge to hit the slopes so she grabbed her gear and backpack and wandered off (“The noisy one must be asleep now so I’m going back to my bedroom after I thrashed the hills a few times to work off the cheese. I paid for that room dammit and I’m going to use it!”) leaving the two some food to eat while they talked. She was being kind. She knew they wanted to be alone, and she accommodated them. Hikaru couldn‘t help feeling a bit guilty as she looked on at the sad expression on Mirra‘s face.

“I’m sorry you couldn’t watch, but it’s a private thing only one person can do. I’m sorry my precious.”

“I understand---” she sighed, only to feel Hikaru press a piece of cheese to her lips, “I know you don’t understand, don‘t try to ease me down or anything, you’re crying.”

“I’m not crying---”
Hikaru’s fingers move from Mirra’s lips to her cheeks, dabbing away a few tears as she does. “You’re crying.”

“I’m sorry.” Mirra choked, looking even more depressed, “I‘m such a baby.”

“I don’t blame you for being sad. I made so much of a fuss about it I should have told you right off the bat that I had to do it alone.” Hikaru sighs, flicking away the last of the tears as she stares Mirra straight in the eyes, “I should have told you that you couldn’t watch, but I didn’t want to depress you and you were so happy with the idea, even though you felt abit reluctant about it.”

“I was not!” Mirra yelped in her defense, her red blush returning to her cheeks as she sighed, her lips drooping into a pout as she tried to put her thoughts to words. “Will I ever know…”

“I’ll explain everything soon. I promise you that much. Now smile for me precious…” (pokes at Mirra’s lips) “Because nothing’s more beautiful on your lips than a smile.” (as she watches, a thin smile begins to form) “There you go, now there’s the Mirra I know.” (Hikaru watches a smile bloom with her prodding, smiling in turn back for Mirra) “I know what’s on your mind.”

“No-- n-no you don’t.”

“You---” (Mirra suddenly jumps into Hikaru’s arms, holding her tight) “I want a hug!”

“You want me to stay forever with you.”
Mirra face faults, new tears flowing as she realized her secret was out.
She felt so bad that she just wanted to rip herself away and run back to the house ashamed. She felt awkward thinking it, but now she felt bad that it was out. Hikaru, staying with her forever, it felt like such a dream that… she felt Hikaru’s arms tighten as she tried to wiggle free. “I--- I--- I----”

“I want that too.”

“H-Hikaru-chan---” Mirra stammered. Suddenly Hikaru stood up, walking away. “Hik---”

“Be right back.”
Mirra sighs, lowering her head. “She must be angry with me.”

“No I’m not. Catch!”
Before she could respond, a huge cot, quilt, and pillows rains on her head burying her. For a few confused seconds she lies beneath the pile, wiggling abit while staring upwards at the quilt in confusion, before she felt the quilt being peeled off. “Mokona likes crawling under my blankets too when he visits sometimes!” (Hikaru’s face pops into view as she looks into Mirra’s eyes, smiling) “But you’re neither kitty, puppy or Mokona!” (she reaches forward, pinching Mirra’s cheeks) “But you look so precious!”

“----” Mirra’s redness begins to grow, but this time more from happiness than shame. Her smile very wide as she quickly grabs Hikaru, pulling her into the blanket, screaming, “Pillow fight!” The two take swings at each other, laughing, as they have their own private little slumber party brawl. A few minutes later they dress for sleep, and curl up beneath the stars in each others arms. As they stare into the night sky, Mirra points up at the Central Hub high above. “I wonder if there’s a couple there whose just as happy as we are? Looking out towards us at this moment?”

“Maybe---”

The two watch the sky for awhile more, pointing at cities glowing in the night sky, huge mountain ranges, lakes, oceans, and other things of note, before falling asleep.

* * * * * *

Mirra’s thoughts as she dreams are comforting. She didn’t mind anymore that she couldn’t see Hikaru’s wish. She only hoped that Hikaru would tell her soon what she wished for. Patience, she sighed, she’d say soon enough. And with that she rolled over in her sleep -- and suddenly felt a chill. She woke up and found herself alone. The bedding was crumpled, as if she had just left. “Maybe she want to the bathroom in the woods.”
Mirra looks about the woods, thinking about how cold it must be out beyond the comforting warmth of the Mana Pool “shrine” area. “Hope the pool doesn’t mind if she takes a leak here, she’d become a girl-cicle out there.”

Suddenly a sharp crp pierces the air, sending a shiver down Mirra’s spine causing her to bolt upwards into a sitting position. “Hikaru---?” she whispered, her eyes carefully scanning the area left and right, then she heard it again. It was near but… without thinking she jumps up and dashes towards the sound, her breath rapid with fear. “Hikaru-chan?!” she cried out. “Hikaru-chan!!” As she rounded a few trees she nearly fell upon Hikaru, and gasped.
Hikaru was crumpled on the ground naked, her face convulsed in pain as she held her head tight, crying a little bit. Mirra quickly moved forward, taking Hikaru into her arms and holding her. “Hikaru-chan! What’s wrong! Hi---”
She convulsed again, and her limbs grew a little longer. Her body swelled a little bigger. Her breasts bloomed a little, and her body seemed to age a little. She cried out, her arms flaying until they latched onto Mirra and held her unconsciously. She whimpered a few minutes, her body growing a little bit at a time until it stopped. With a final breath of pain she collapsed into Mirra’s grip, unconscious from the pain. Mirra, looking her up and down, was amazed.

“She’s… bigger?”
‘Was this her wish?’ she thought, mind whirling in confusion. ‘To be… bigger?’
She gathered up Hikaru’s clothes, and carried her back to their camping site. It took Mirra a little effort to get her back to the bedding, but she managed just fine. And, as she wrapped her in the blankets, Mirra couldn’t stop but stare at her body. “She’s…” (winces involuntarily) “…she did it.”
She made herself older, as she told Mirra she would one day. Losing two to four years of her childhood memories she’ll never experience now, for her. Mirra felt awful, the pit of her stomach ached. She felt as if she was to blame for Hikaru’s decision. She drove Hikaru to make the decision, taking away precious years of her childhood.

“I wish she never met me.” Mirra whimpered, falling back into the bedding sobbing a little.

* * * * * *

Mirra walked up to Mimic, tears flowing down her face. “Damn you.” she hissed.

“You did it to yourself, so don’t come whining to me about it.” Mimic sighed, nearly shoving Mirra aside as she walked past. “You’re such a baby! Couldn’t live one minute without her holding your hand, you weak little bitch! Same with Clow Reed, you always did suck up to him, like such a…”

“I’m not a wh… wh…”

“Say it! Just say it already because it’s true!” Mimic raged, her anger boiling up as she paced around Mirra, teeth clenched as she did. “You’re not happy with her throwing her youth away to be your precious little bed slut are you…”

“DON’T SAY THAT!!”

“You wanted her like that! You always wanted it like that!” Mimic went on, prodding Mirra’s weaknesses, “I’m surprised you didn’t drop down and do her right when I gave you the chance, you horrid little slut!”

“I LOVE HER!!” Mirra screamed, dropping down to the ground covering her head. “I love her! I love her… I love her…”

Mimic - “That’s right, you kneel down whore. It’s all your good for anyway.”

“I love her! I love her! I love her…” Mirra whimpered over and over again, crying in pain. “I didn’t want her to do that… I don’t want her to lose her precious youth because of AGH!!” Mirra suddenly screams out, feeling a foot slam into her back dropping her face first into the ground. As she turns, she comes face to face with Hikaru, standing next to Mimic stark naked. “You like it don’t you? My little PRECIOUS!” (kicks her down again) “You like a more matured woman, nice firm breasts, longer legs and arms, smooth silken soft little…”

“I’M SORRY!!!” Mirra screamed, in more pain mentally than physically, “I’M SORRY!! PLEASE!! HIKARU-CHAN I’M SORRY!! I’M SORRY I’M SO WEAK!! I’M SOR--- ACK!!”

“You’re sorry?” Hikaru choked out, “You smothered me and I couldn’t live without making myself older because I so wanted to make you HAPPY, and you’re sorry!?” Hands grasp around Mirra’s waist, undressing her, “Sorry’s not good enough my worthless little bitch in heat!” As Mirra’s clothes fell away, and Hikaru forced her on all fours, and then…
“I’M SORRY!! PLEASE!! DON’T!! FORGIVE ME!! FORGIVE ME!! FOR---” Mirra screams as she feels Hikaru spread her legs and…

* * * * * *

“Mirra-chan? Mirra-chan!”
Mirra snaps awake, screaming “FORGIVE ME!! FORGIVE ME!!” as two strong arms wrap around tight, and hold her still. They stood like this for several seconds, her face buried against Hikaru’s now slightly more mature breasts, tears flowing rapidly down Mirra’s face. “No!! I’m sorry!! I’m sorry!! Don’t rape me!! Please!! Forgive me!! Forgive… Forgive…” (buries face into Hikaru’s breasts) “Forgive…”

With a strong sigh, Hikaru holds Mirra tight whispering gently, swaying her back and forth comforting her. “You did nothing wrong my precious… my sweetness… nothing… don’t cry… don’t cry.” Suddenly she lurches forward, screaming again, bringing a tear to Hikaru’s eyes. “Stop! Please stop hurting yourself! I love you! I love you--- goddess, I love you!”

For the longest time she couldn’t speak, couldn’t move, just lie there crying. It took that time for Hikaru to comfort her, and find out what she saw. With a gasp she began to apologize, realizing what Mirra saw and how it affected her.

“Mirra, you didn’t… I mean…” Silence. For a few seconds Hikaru tries to put the words together, then, “I had a vision.”

* * * * * *

Tokyo Tower. She dreamt that she was there, and it was night. Everyone was gathering around the tower and she didn’t know why. She felt weak, her legs refused to move. She was lying on the floor of the observation deck, yet she knew they were all coming.

She once managed to drag herself up so she could look out the windows and saw them coming, just to verify what she knew. As she fell back she saw herself--- and she was naked and bleeding. She heard a voice behind her, and knew immediately what it was. Mimic. She felt Mimic’s hand grab her head, spin it around and then felt fingers grab her jaw and force…

* * * * * *

She could say no more. Mirra began to cry again, and it took awhile to comfort her before she spoke. “I saw--- my own rape--- as Mimic’s hands---” she said. “But only one dream---”

Hikaru shook her head, “I dreamed it every night for the past two months.”

“---w-w-w-what---?”

“I didn’t want to worry you! I can’t stand it when you suffer so because of me… I wake up in the night hearing you crying out my name, reaching out in pain, I know you cry every night and all I want to do is take that pain away. I didn’t want to compound your pain with that knowledge, it only would have made you cry harder each night.”

“But it’ll make me cry now…”

“I know, but it’ll pass… I wanted to let you know that I had to do this… be older… for us.”

“BUT YOU LOST YOUR YOUTH!” Mirra cried out, “YOUR PRECIOUS YEARS OF INNOCENCE BECAUSE OF ME! IT’S NOT FAIR! IT’S NOT FAIR---?” (Suddenly Hikaru begins to laugh, confusing Mirra) “Wh-what’s… what’s so… funny?”

“Silly precious!” (bumps her head against Mirra’s, bringing a confused look onto the young Clow girl’s face) “Youth is a state of mind. I’m going to enjoy my youth as long as I can, and then when it’s done I’ll relive it again in your arms! I can’t lose my precious years as long as I have you around to make me forever young in heart and soul… besides which, we stop aging at 21 so it’s not like we’ll be old!”

Mirra - “---r-r-really?”

“Uh-huh. Didn’t Tomoyo-mama tell you that?”

Mirra frowned severely, “No.” (sighs) “I’m so stupid.”

“You’re my precious little Clow Mistress…” (kisses her cheek) “I don’t care how silly you are as long as we’re together to be silly together!”

“But---” (her voice trembles a little as she speaks) “Your age.”

“One day, my love, I want to make love to you before she can take that away from us. I want you to know that nothing Mimic does to me will break my love, and in the end regardless of what happens I will always love you, and so… I wanted to make sure that I don’t lose my virginity… except to you.”

“---lose---?”

Hikaru nods her head softly, “She’s going to do something bad to me. I know it, but I’ll heal. I know that too.” Hikaru smiles, hugging Mirra tightly as if to keep her warm against the chill that was blowing against them. “Nothing she does will harm me permanently. I’ll mend fast, and my spirit will mend too with you by my side. She does something bad to me because she’ll realize I’m not a virgin anymore and… and it enrages her.”

“No--- no---”

“It’s OK Mirra-chan, it‘s alright. It’s alright…” (deep breath) “…I’d rather be raped than let her take our most precious moment away from us. I won’t let her do it. I won’t---”

“Hikaru-chan---”

“Mirra-chan. It‘ll be OK--- I know it‘ll be OK, because I‘ll always have you. Always.”
The two fall back into the bedding, it’s softness wrapping them tight as Mirra holds on to Hikaru tightly, the last of their strength fading as they slowly fall back to sleep… their grips loosening, but never releasing, as they slumber together again in each other’s arms.

* * * * * *

Mirra felt someone waking her up. “Mirra-chan? Wake up---”

“Wh---what is it?” she groggily answered, pulling herself around to look at Hikaru--- who was now fully dressed. She wore a beautiful school uniform that resembled her old one but made to her size. “I found this at the foot of our bedding when I woke up. And I found this…” (she holds out a note, upon which a key was attached) “Open the package waiting at home.” Mirra read out loud. “You couldn’t have done this… you didn’t know…” Hikaru whispered, looking at herself in the uniform in confusion, “And I never told anyone my wish except Fuu-chan and she…” (smiles) “…is it Fuu-chan’s work?”

“I guess.” Mirra remarks, looking on at the uniform. “It’s beautiful on you.”

“Thanks---” (blushes slightly) “---let’s go home and get some breakfast, and open that package.” As the two gather their stuff, and rush back the way they came, they barely notice the figure standing in the woods watching them leave.

* * * * * *

“WE’RE HOME!!” Hikaru yelled as she barreled through the door, passing Fuu, Presea, Hikaru & Ferio as they stood around a strange suitcase. “Hi, honey!” (Presea) “Some FedEx guy dropped this off and…” (Hikaru grabs it, and runs upstairs with Mirra) “Thanks, Fuu-chan!”

“---Fuu?” (Everyone looks at her) “But--- I didn’t do that---”

“And why did she lift it so damn easily!?” Presea pouted, “It took all four of us to drag that thing inside a few feet and she carts it off like it weighted nothing! I don’t get it!”
Everyone exchanges confused expressions as they look upstairs. “Did Hikaru-chan leave wearing her school uniform?” (Hikaru) “She looked cute in it.”

* * * * * *

“KERO-CHAN!!” Mirra yelled out as the door flew open, nearly giving Kerberos a heart attack. Kero nearly falls into the bed, the game softly falling onto the mattress. “ACK! Don’t do that!! Did you bring me breakfast or…” (Mirra quickly hands him a plate with waffles (from the table she passed on the way to the stairs) and the syrup as Hikaru throws the case onto the bed and opens it). “I didn’t know you brought your school uniform, does your class have a trip today or some---?” (blinks) “Is it me or is Hikaru bigger?”

“Clothes!”

As the two look into the case they find it filled with clothes for her, all her new size. “I guess trying them all on would be futile.” Hikaru noted lifting one of the dresses up, “They all look like they’ll fit me.”

“Why wouldn’t they.” Kero pondered, looking down at the case, “Did Tomoyo visit while I was sleeping? She made all this, didn’t she? (She must want a grandchild worst than I ever thought she did!)” (Mirra & Hikaru sweatdrop abit)

The rest of the day was spent on the slopes thrashing the powder with their boards. Ferio fell down a few more times, and lots of fun were had by all. Eventually they stopped questioning where the clothes came from and accepted it.
The next morning, strangely enough, another parcel of clothes arrived. For some reason though, nobody wanted to even try to pick up the case and that confused Hikaru. It confused her even more that everyone looked at her oddly while she carted the light suitcase (which was filled with clothes like the first) up the stairs with deliberate ease.

It was now Sunday, and they had to go (Monday was school again) so they caught one more time on the slopes in the morning, ate a filling lunch, and prepared to say goodbye. Mirra helped Hikaru pack her clothes, storing her old clothes in the house as she did. When they got home they would empty her side of the closet and fill it with the new clothes. Before they left, Hikaru & Mirra visited the “shrine” one last time. There, sitting in front of the pond with a fishing rod, with the woman they met.

“Is that allowed?” Mirra asked, watching the woman fish. “Oh sure. The pond sometimes drags stuff through the mana stream and it’s a great place to pick up odds and ends. Last time I picked up a perfectly good coffee maker. Still glows in the dark from the mana saturation but it makes it easier to find it at night. Can’t offer it to any Darklings or evil beings though because anything brewed in the thing eats rights through them from the inside out because of the mana saturation which makes anything brewed in it dosed with positive mana. Poor things. Completely horrible the way they scream as they die. I once splashed a Darkling with coffee from it once and it ate it’s head clean off and… uh… never mind (I should really learn to shut up while I’m behind.)”

Mirra, looking shellshocked, managed to mutter “We’re going home today.”

“That’s too bad. There’s still a few weeks of good powder up here and all.”

“Aren’t you going home to celebrate Christmas soon? Or are you--- alone?” Mirra asked.

“Oh I have family. But I like shopping alone, you know, I hate the stress of shopping with family or noisy friends who can‘t keep their opinions to themselves.” (At that Mirra smiles, as she could relate to the woman’s feelings about christmas shopping.) “We really enjoyed your company, and we wanted to thank you for being so kind to us.”

“No problem, no problem, glad to be of help.” the woman remarked, testing the pole for any “bites”, “After all, it’s Christmas and all.”

“Thank you. Uh---” (Mirra stops, blushing) “What’s your name?”

“Trisha. Said it yesterday I think.” They said their goodbyes and parted company. The woman still fishing for something as she watched them leave, “Maybe this time I’ll get a glow in the dark toaster oven--- bake killer pot pies of doom---”

“What a thing to want out of a mana pool, Mina.”

“Oh, sure. Take all my fun away why dontcha---” she sighed, pulling the rod back and winding the hook in as she looked behind her, “That wasn’t as bad as it seemed when you first pitched that idea to me--- Nina.”

Nina, from her hiding place, frowned at the comment. “Well I felt a friendly face would do them a world of good. Though I didn’t watch their intimate moment here… did you---?”

“I’m not that kind of MINA Unit, you know that---”

“Yeah. Mina 00. Mina for short--- or is it Trisha?”

“Mina. And don’t you dare say that name in front of Michi.” she warned, grabbing her stuff as she stood up. “Why? She used to be an old flame or something? One night stand?”

“Because, Nina, just because… show some respect to your fellow officers.” Mina sighed, “As for those two? You worry too much. They’re going to be just fine. They’ve got that strong love for each other and…” Mina stops, as if remembering something, then shakes it off without further thought, “I don’t think anything will tear them apart.”

“Becoming sentimental at your age, Mina?”

“Maybe moreso than you think---” (turns and walks away) “---you better get going if your going to meet them at the shuttle port. I’m going to grind the hills some more and enjoy my holiday. See you around, Kotobuki.” And, with that, Mina 00 walks off back towards the resort, smirking as she does. “At least I won’t have a noisy neighbor anymore--- how did we ever make love with her making so much noise?”

“We managed.” Dr. Adri Talbot whispered from her hiding place behind the trees, “We managed.” (Note - MINA Unit. Slang for “Mina” (everyone or everybody), the MINA Operational Unit is the cyberroidal “backbone” of the new generation Freeworld Alliance Cruiser class vessels because they could litterly be “everybody” on board in case of emergency or if the crew was incapacitated. The ship utilizes 100 Minas to 100 crew per ship (equal balance between humanoids and crew).)

Nina - “Thanks for the exposition there, doc.”

Dr. Talbot - “You’re welcome.”

* * * * * *

The shuttle lifted off from the pad, it’s wings folding back down into position as the shuttle headed back to the Daidouji estates. Still, Nina couldn’t seem to shake something. “You get taller or something? I could swear you look different.”

“I’ll tell you about it someday.” Hikaru remarked, her attention focused only on Mirra, and vice versa. As the mountains fell away and the coast came back into view both girls clasped their free hands together again, and told stories of their adventures (minus the intimate moments) to Nina/Eliza as they slowly headed for home, the world seeming abit brighter and warmer to the two now that they’ve grown closer in the past few days, even though their greatest challenges still laid ahead.

“I know it’ll be OK, because I’ll always have you. Always.”

To Be Continued (next week : a Christmas Tale)

No comments: